Tuesday Ramblings

Okay so Monday got away from me, but I'm here to share our weekly menu and goings on at Chez PS.  First, here's what's cooking this week...

Monday- Soup & Panini
Tuesday- Veggie Quesadillas
Wednesday- Kids' choice out
Thursday-  Pizza & Salad
Friday-  Spinach Ravioli Bake
Saturday- out celebrating my parents' anniversary
Sunday-  Grilled Bison Burgers, Fries & Slaw

Saturday Reagan and I checked out ink'd by Cirrus.  A local custom design studio where you can design t-shirts, sweatshirts, bags and even shoes!
 Reagan designed her own headband for basketball.
 It came out AWESOME!  The owner actually suggested the monogram!
Reagan had her first game of the season and they won...must have been the headband!  We headed home and got ready to go out to dinner with some friends at the Scarlet Oak Tavern in Hingham.  It's a cute restaurant that opened in 2007 in a historic home.

After taking a rest day on Saturday, I went for an 8 miler on Sunday which felt great until Sunday night when I realized that I have a adduction muscle strain (inner thigh).  Ugh, not part of my training plan!  So I'll be going easy at the gym trying not to aggravate it for the next few days.  I have 5K next Sunday where I'd like to do well.

We took my in-laws out for their anniversary Sunday evening to a Rhode Island family favorite, nothing fancy, but the food is always so good!  My parents also celebrated an anniversary this past weekend, we'll be celebrating with them next weekend!

Last night we attended the Joe Andruzzi Foundation's Gratitude Gala at Gillette Stadium.  The airstream trailer (bar/lounge on wheels) in the bottom corner of the photo was part of the live auction!  There was also a silent auction and a manned super silent auction table with lots of fun events and experiences!
This organization provides financial and emotional support to families dealing with cancer.  While they originally served local residents, the foundation has grown and are now helping people as far as New York and New Jersey.  While insurance does cover most cancer treatments, people often have to travel to treatments where they need to pay for parking, eat meals out, in some cases hotel stays may be necessary.  People who are self-employed often lose wages during treatment. The Joe Andruzzi Foundation grants people funds to help cover expenses while they're battling cancer.  We love what they do to help people and are happy to support them!

Hope you had a good weekend!  I'll be back tomorrow with a recipe...


Comments

Popular Posts