Menu Monday and Weekend Scenes

Hello 2017!  Hope your year is off to a good start!  We arrived home from Nantucket last night and are getting ready to get back to reality tomorrow after the "holidaze"!  I'm also looking around and dreading taking all of the holiday decor down so for now I will procrastinate and blog...

After visiting the NHA Festival of Trees at the Whaling Museum on Thursday, we went out to dinner at a mid-island family favorite, Fusaro's, where dessert was clearly in order!
Friday morning we hit ACKventure Putt at Nantucket Elementary School, a 12 hole mini-golf course designed and created by the students in the high school's woodworking department.
It was really cute and the perfect indoor activity since it was so windy!  We took a ride out to Madaket (the west end of Nantucket) afterwards.
 We spotted kite surfers in Madaket Harbor!
 Friday night Mr. PS and I went out to another favorite, Fifty-Six Union.
 He started with their wedge salad and I had a beet salad.
For dinner, Mr. PS had the grilled sirloin with pommes frites and I tried their famous Javanese fried rice!
 It was delicious and slightly indulgent!
 I also may have tried their espresso martini!
Saturday morning was New Year's Eve, I did my usual 4 mile running/walking route from our house, I love the Nantucket bike paths!
 The big kids met some friends downtown for lunch so Rowan had some one on one time with us!
We took her to lunch at The Brotherhood of Thieves on Broad Street.
 Their house salad with fried goat cheese...and a Cisco Grey Lady made for the perfect lunch!
 Saturday night we had a quiet dinner at home and watched the movie "Sully."
 After our wild night, I started 2017 with a run...
 and a family breakfast at The Downyflake!
 I love a good egg white veggie omelet!
We then hit the beach for our annual New Year's Day walk on the beach!  There's something about ending and starting the year on the island, it's so beautiful and nowhere I would rather be.
 We also took a ride to Brant Point...
 where we "attempted" a family selfie at the lighthouse.
I dropped the family at the 3:30 fast ferry and I hung out until the 5:30 car ferry so I could bring our truck home to be serviced.  It was so quiet downtown!
 I really don't mind the slow boat, especially having two hours to myself!
So as you can see I opted for a very healthy dinner last night and I'm going to attempt to keep with that theme, we'll talk a bit more about that tomorrow!  In the meantime here's what's cooking this week...

Monday- Gnocchi with Butternut Squash & Kale
Tuesday- Lean Beef Tacos, Salad, Mexi Rice
Wednesday- Baked Chicken Parmesan, Penne & Salad
Thursday- leftovers
Friday- Heart Healthy Turkey Chili & Cornbread
Saturday- Slow Cooker Cider Pork Roast with Onions, Carrots and Potatoes & Homemade Applesauce
Sunday- out after Mass

How did you celebrate the New Year?

Comments

Popular Posts