What's Cooking Wednesday

Peach and Blueberry Greek Yogurt Cake

I was recently looking for a peach and blueberry dessert recipe that didn't involve oats (I love oats I just didn't have any in the house).  I stumbled upon this recipe from Julia's Album.  Julia's version involves a springform pan which I don't have on Nantucket so I made mine in a glass pie plate and it worked just fine!  I tweaked a couple of ingredients and method as well...

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 stick butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup liquid egg whites (or 2 eggs)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
2 peaches, diced
1 cup blueberries

Directions

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray a baking pan.  Combine baking powder, baking soda and flour in a small bowl.  Set aside.

2.  Beat butter, sugar and eggs in a separate bowl on high speed.  Then beat in vanilla and Greek yogurt until combined.

3.  Slowly beat in flour mixture, don't over mix.

4.  Spread half of the batter in the bottom of the baking pan.  Spread fruit evenly on top and then spread remaining batter on top.

5.  Bake for 50 minutes.

It was delicious, but after enjoying it for dessert we thought my version is better suited as a breakfast cake!

Comments

Popular Posts