What's The Scoop Wednesday

Island Kitchen Ice Cream

Nantucket, Massachusetts 

Island Kitchen has become a well known mid-island breakfast, lunch and dinner spot over the past few years.  This year they expanded next-door into the space formerly occupied by the Grey Lady restaurant.  Their new space houses an ice cream and donut shop, a patio bar (left from the Grey Lady), a retail space and their catering business called Tillbury + Skiff.  Needless to say, there's a lot going on here and they're still working out the kinks.

We decided to try the ice cream just before we came home.  While there are several options on the flavor board, not all are visible in their ice cream case which made it difficult to decide.
Rowan tried one scoop of Milk Chocolate which was incredibly chocolatey!
Reagan had one scoop of their Charcoal Chip.  After some research I found out that charcoal ice cream is a thing...who new?  The flavor comes from almond charcoal and uses "activated charcoal".  It wasn't bad, it tasted like chocolate chip ice cream to me.
Mr. PS had three scoops of Chocolate Chunk & Reese's which he felt lacked chunks and Reese's.
Sadly there are no frozen yogurt options so I "forced myself "to try the Mint Chocolate Chunk.  It was creamy and delicious, I just wish I had ordered two scoops!
I would definitely return, especially since it's located mid-island with parking!  I sincerely hope they are successful with their expansion.  If you're ever on island, give it a try!

Comments

Popular Posts