Biting the Bullet

WARNING- This is not a pretty post!

I was fortunate to be blessed with flat feet which has led to bunions in both feet.  Thong type sandals are about the only shoe that is comfortable to wear when you have bunions!
 Here's a better view...
I can't even remember when my bunions (and I hate that word) began to form, but they're noticeably worse since my last pregnancy.
They're causing other problems such as pinched nerves in the toes.  I've been to my podiatrist a few times as a result.  I wear orthotics in my sneakers which helps tremendously, but I'm just not sure that I can live the rest of my life with my bunions.  I love to run and I would hate to be derailed by chronic foot pain and problems.

With fall beginning this week and the onset of cooler temps, I also realized that I will soon need to put on closed toe shoes.  I have very few pairs of closed toe shoes that don't rub, pinch or irritate my bunions.  Wearing heels or pumps has just become unbearable and I'm already dreading some of our upcoming dressier events because I know my feet will be throbbing by the end of the night.

So I'm taking these feet to be evaluated for bunion surgery in a couple of weeks...after I run a half marathon (I'm a sucker for punishment).  I'm interested to find out what the surgery entails (hoping no  implants) and what the recovery looks like.  I will keep you posted!

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness! I think I'm developing this problem but didn't know what it was. It's painful and I've been going to bed with aspirin patches on my feet. Good luck at the doctor!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts