Menu Monday and More San Fran

Happy May!  This year seems to be flying by which is good because I'm ready for a warm up!  48 and drizzly isn't cutting it today, spring!

I have a few more San Francisco bits to share today.  I promise that I'm almost done!  But first let's get to this week's menu.  We've got a busy week here at Chez PS, we're attending the City Year Providence Starry Starry Night Gala, we're closing on our new house, I have a 10K and we'll cap it off with the Kentucky Derby and Mother's Day this weekend!  Here's what's cooking amongst the chaos...

Monday- Homemade Spinach & Heirloom Tomato Mac n' Cheese
Tuesday- out with kids
Wednesday- Sausage, Ricotta, Spinach, Tomato Stromboli & Salad
Thursday- Leftovers
Friday- Cheeseburger Pie, Alexia Fries & Salad
Saturday- Bourbon Marinated Pork Roast (slow cooker), Pineapple Casserole & Green Beans
Sunday- out

So back to San Fran...a simple continental breakfast was included in our hotel stay which was awesome! Some fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, bagels and I'm all set, but the others seemed to be yearning for a fun breakfast so after a warm up in the hotel fitness center I ran a mile (literally) up Polk Street to Bob's Donuts.
Bob's is open 24 hours a day and is nothing fancy, but they get a steady stream of customers who fill up their pink boxes with fritters, cinnamon rolls, sticky buns, raised maples, crullers and cake crumb donuts...to name a few!  If you're really hungry, love donuts and are up for a little competition you can try Bob's Donut Challenge where you can attempt to eat the "big one" with your choice of toppings of course in three minutes or less!  I opted to skip the challenge, but can attest to the cake crumb donut!
As I carefully walked a mile back down Polk Street to our hotel with my pink box, I could tell passersby recognized my pink box even the cross fitters who were out doing warm-up sprints!

After we stuffed ourselves with donuts, we made our way toward the Golden Gate Bridge and eventually over to check out Sausalito.
 This guy loves himself some history!
Looking back at San Francisco from Sausalito.
After lunch at the Napa Valley Burger Company, we made our way to Napa!  We stopped at St. Supery...
 These guys were clowning around...
 We went with an all reds tasting outside on their patio...
where we could keep an eye on the kids frolicking wreaking havoc!
St. Supery was a lot of fun and if we didn't have our crew in tow I'm sure we would have enjoyed
stopping at a couple more vineyards.  We did end up having a couple of bottles shipped home and I can't wait to enjoy them in our new house!

We made our way back to the city and decided to enjoy an authentic Chinese meal at Hong Kong Lounge II...
It was very good, not sure that Chinese is a family favorite, but always good to try some of the local flavor!

I'm going to wrap up San Fran tomorrow...I promise!!

Comments

Popular Posts