Catching Up

 So it's been a busy few weeks here at Chez PS!  Our oldest was Confirmed in the Catholic Church...
It's hard to believe that it's been seven years since he made his First Communion!  We're so proud of him!
The following weekend we were off to Nantucket for the Daffodil Festival!  We were in good company, the boats were all sold out!
 Like she owns the boat...
 After a Saturday morning run, we got ready for the day's events...
 First stop was Children's Beach for the Children's Bike Parade!
From there we headed to Main Street where the antique cars line up all decorated for Daffy...yes, this weekend is all about celebrating daffodils and the arrival of spring!
 We had to hit The Juice Bar which had reopened for the season the night before.
 I of course tried the special, Daffodil Lemon Cream Cookie!
From there we headed out to Bartlett's Farm for the Daffodil Flower Show!   Who knew there were so many varieties??
 It was back to town for 5:00 Mass and then out for dinner at family favorite, Fifty-Six Union.
 The next morning, I was off to Sconset to run the Daffy 5K before we headed home.
 My girl and I had a double chocolate donut and milk/coffee date after school that week...
The following Friday I was back to Nantucket for a girl's weekend with two friends.  It rained a good portion of the weekend, but we made the best of it!
I had made a reservation at Dune for dinner, it was hopping since there had been a Kentucky Derby fundraising party across the street at the Jared Coffin House.  I had the swordfish...
 and a blackberry tart for dessert!
The sun made an appearance on Sunday morning just in time for brunch at the Brant Point Grill at the  White Elephant.  This was my first time having brunch there, it was excellent and I would definitely return!
Of course the rain started again as we headed to our ferry, we made it back to the mainland and had to stop for one of the best lobster rolls in New England at the Raw Bar in Mashpee!  It was dinnertime after all!
I worked on a teacher/staff appreciation luncheon at Rowan's school last week, putting together about 10 arrangements with the flower bouquets each child brought.  I then picked up and delivered lunch from Panera for them.  
Friday night, Mr. PS and Reagan were off to City Year Providence's Starry Starry Night Gala while I was on rugby pick-up!  It was a great opportunity to introduce Reagan to the idea of a year of service!
After being away two weekends in a row, it was nice to have a low-key Mother's Day weekend!  I hit spin class Saturday morning and then we just relaxed at home!  They presented me with some Mother's Day driveway art!
 I warmed up at the gym and then ran a very rainy Mother's Day 5K in Natick!
After relaxing the rest of the day, we met up with my parents and Mr. PS's parents for a Mother's Day dinner at Costantino's Venda Bar & Ristorante on Federal Hill in Providence.  The homemade pastas were a hit!
Finally we celebrated National Chocolate Chip Day yesterday with some slice n' bake chocolate chip cookies and chocolate chip ice cream because who doesn't love homemade chipwiches!
I think you're caught up!

What have you been up to lately?

Comments

Popular Posts