Menu Monday and Weekend Scenes

Happy Monday, it was a beautiful weekend here!  I started out with my usual Saturday morning spin class at 7am.  I literally roll out of bed and head there, no time to make excuses!  The girls and I had haircuts and then Mr. PS and I attacked all of the weeds in the yard that have popped up with the spring rain.

We cleaned up and headed out for date night!  I purchased this J. Crew blouse back in the fall and finally decided to wear it with a pair of J. Crew cropped black jeans.
We tried Alma Nove in Hingham, it's been on my list for a while so I was excited we were finally there!
We started with cocktails at the bar...
We were seated inside for dinner, but they have a beautiful harborside patio too.  We split a caesar salad and this arancini type appetizer.
Mr. PS had the garganelli bolognese and I had the salmon, both were delicious!
I'm glad that we ordered our own desserts, not sure that they were a shareable size.  Mr. PS had the chocolate mousse layer cake and I had the lemon bundt.  We would definitely return, they serve lunch and Sunday brunch as well.  They also offer a children's menu although we didn't see any children there for dinner.
I worked off my lemon bundt on Sunday morning at a local 5K.  My IT band has been giving me some trouble and sure enough it reminded me just before mile 2!
Definitely not my best performance, but any finish is a good finish in my book!
We packed a picnic lunch and headed to a nearby playground with the littlest while the big kids got some homework done.
We had a mixed grill for dinner Sunday evening, the guys opted for steak (shocking), Reagan had grilled chicken and I had wild caught shrimp...
which was perfect over a mixed green salad!
Her's a peek at what's cooking this week, Monday's dinner was pushed from last week's menu after an impromptu leftover night.

Monday- Pepperoni Pizza Waffles & Salad
Tuesday- Chicken Fajita Quesadillas
Wednesday- Rigatoni Bolognese & Salad
Thursday- Applegate Turkey Dogs, Broccoli Slaw & Vegetarian Baked Beans
Friday- Pizza take-out
Saturday- Red Sox game/dinner in Boston
Sunday- Memorial Day BBQ

How was your weekend?  What are your Memorial Day weekend plans?

Comments

Popular Posts