MDW Scenes

Happy Tuesday, hope you enjoyed your Memorial Day Weekend!  We were fairly busy, but had some downtime yesterday which was really nice especially since the weather wasn't great.
We kicked off the weekend Friday night with some pizza imported from Rhode Island...Caserta is a classic!
I hit spin class Saturday morning, we did some chores around the house and then it was off to Boston!  I picked up my Run to Remember bib at the Seaport World Trade Center...
 we checked into the Westin Copley Place and we headed to Fenway for the Red Sox/Mariners game!
 The Fenway seats were obviously the inspiration for my New Balance for J. Crew sneakers!
Red Sox win!
We hit 5 Napkin Burger after the game for dinner, I love their Burger Salad topped with their Veggie Burger!
 Someone lost sight of where we were dining and ordered the Chicken & Waffles?!?
We've enjoyed exploring Eataly at the Prudential Center, but hadn't tried their gelato bar yet so Saturday evening seemed like the perfect opportunity!
There was a line, but it moved quickly.  You can sample the flavors and while I was thinking of ordering Caffe, I tried their Banana Chocolate Chip Sorbetti and loved it!
 Cheers to a fun day!
 I was up bright and early on Sunday for Boston's Run to Remember!
There's a 5 mile option and a half marathon option for this race.  Last year I ran the half, but I registered for the 5 mile since I'm running a half next weekend.
 It's a fairly flat and fast course through Boston.
The half marathon runners bear right and head over to Cambridge for a few miles while we beared left and looped back towards the Seaport finish line.
 Doesn't matter how many miles you're running, the finish line is always a welcome sight!
I was happy to finish with minimal aches and pains since my IT band has been a bugger lately!
I showered, dressed and we headed to brunch...
 at Masa in the South End.
 We've been here for dinner and brunch a couple of times before, the menu has a southwestern vibe.
 They serve cornbread to start!  I ordered a Bloody Maria (tequila instead of vodka).
 Mr. PS had the Crispy Texas Toast!
 I had the vegetable Stuffed Mexican Omelet made with egg whites!
 Everyone enjoyed their selections!
 It was such a beautiful morning we decided to walk to the Public Garden...
and the Common where the Massachusetts Military Heroes Fund planted a Memorial Day Flag Garden in honor of fallen military personnel from Massachusetts.  It was a beautiful sight!
It seemed like everyone was out and about!
We packed up and headed out of the city to a barbecue at a friend's house where my family almost devoured a tray of the Pioneer Woman's "Knock You Naked Brownies"!  I stayed far away from them!
 Others enjoyed making s'mores by their fire pit!
I was up and out again Monday morning for the Powisset Farm Trail Run.  There were three distance options, a 1.5 mile, a 5.6 mile and an 8.3 mile.
I went with the 5.6 mile since I had never done a trail run before and honestly I'm glad I did because trail running is not easy!
I totally underestimated how much agility is required to run this terrain!  My body was aching last night from all of the quick movements that it took to stay on my feet while running.
I had to stop to take a couple of photos at Noanet Peak, even on a cloudy day there was a beautiful view!
A little less than two miles later I was elated to reach the finish line.  Just to give you a sense of the difference between road racing and trail racing, my road race pace is usually around a 9:00 minute mile (depending on the distance) and I averaged an 11:00 minute mile on the trail yesterday.  There were parts that we were single file and parts we had to walk, but trail running overall takes longer with all of nature's obstacles!
The rest of our day was fairly quiet, we grilled burgers in the rain and Mr. PS whipped up some strawberry shortcake for dessert to welcome summer!

What did you do over Memorial Day Weekend?

Comments

Popular Posts