Caribbean Eats and Sweets

I love food.  I love to create it and I love to eat it. I enjoy going out to restaurants and trying creative combinations and I think it's safe to safe so does the rest of the family.

We don't eat out a lot, maybe once a week, when we do go out we usually opt for locally owned restaurants that provide a nice dining experience. It's not always fancy, in fact we have a favorite local Mexican restaurant that Guy Fieri could feature on Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives! We tend to stay away from the casual chain restaurants that seem to have inundated the suburbs, I often feel like I could make a healthier meal for my family at home than what they offer.

With that said, we enjoyed several meals out on St. Thomas! Here's a peek at some of our EATS and SWEETS...
Coconut Cove Conch Fritters
Coconut Cove Lump Crab Salad with Mango Jerk Dressing
Coconut Cove Passion Fruit & Almond Cake with Raspberry Coulis
 Pesce Homemade Spaghetti and Signature Meatball
 Pesce Affogato
 Pesce Cinnamon Bread Pudding
Island Time Pub Tuna Salad, Cheese Pizza and Steak & Cheese Sandwich
Essenza Proscuitto di Parma e Melone
Essenza Lampuka Gigante 
(seared Mahi over roasted cauliflower and goat cheese gnocchi with a Chianti sauce)
 Essenza Chicken Tagliatelle 
Essenza Chocolate Almond Four Cake with Peanut Butter Filling
 Grand Palazzo Club Beet Salad
Grand Palazzo Club Mahi Tagine
(coconut curry, jasmine rice, plantains, mango, tomato, cilantro)
Grand Palazzo Club Chocolate Mousse and Key Lime Pie
Bleuwater Garden Carrot Cake

Needless to say we ate well!  I'm so grateful to our Club residence owner who suggested several of the restaurants above, she was right on!

I think that concludes the vacation recap unless I get some amazing photos back from our water camera (highly unlikely after Rowan got a hold of it!).

I'll be back tomorrow with some Mother's Day gift picks.

Comments

Popular Posts