Giving it a Tri

I always get a little anxious at the start of a race.  Doesn't matter if it's a half marathon or a 5K, starting line jitters are normal for me.  As soon as I start a race I'm fine and truthfully the nervous energy probably helps me get going so I really can't complain!

Tomorrow I will participate in the Nantucket Triathlon and I suspect my anxiety will be at an all time high. This will be my third sprint triathlon, but it's been a while.  I competed in the Danskin/SheRox series in 2009 and 2010 in Webster, Massachusetts.

While I'm no stranger to running and cycling, swimming is not my strength nor are the transitions.  However, sometimes you have go beyond your comfort zone and just give it a tri!

I will be swimming .33 mile at Jetties Beach, cycling 13.4 miles from Jetties to Madaket (western end) and back, and finally running 3.4 miles from Jetties to Brant Point, up to Cliff Road around Lincoln Circle and back to the finish at Jetties.

Looking forward to picking up my race packet later today and racking my bike.  Also going to work on setting up my transition area tonight!  Assuming I survive, I'll be back with a report tomorrow!

Happy Friday!

Comments

Popular Posts