What's Cooking Wednesday
We live about two miles down the road from the Milestone Cranberry Bog here on Nantucket so I love to incorporate cranberries into my baked goods whenever possible! I had about a cup of Trader Joe's semi-sweet chocolate chunks begging to be used so I decided to whip these up yesterday afternoon. They are delicious!
2 cups flour (I used white wheat)
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional, I used pecans)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray or line a 9x13 baking dish.
2. Combine butter and sugar in a stand mixer and mix until smooth. Add vanilla and eggs.
3. Slowly add flour and baking soda and mix until combined. Do not over mix.
4. Fold in chocolate chips/chunks, cranberries and nuts (if desired).
5. Press mixture evenly into the baking dish and bake for 18-20 minutes.