What's Cooking Wednesday

Cranberry Chocolate Chunk Bars

We live about two miles down the road from the Milestone Cranberry Bog here on Nantucket so I love to incorporate cranberries into my baked goods whenever possible!  I had about a cup of Trader Joe's semi-sweet chocolate chunks begging to be used so I decided to whip these up yesterday afternoon.  They are delicious!

Ingredients

2 cups flour (I used white wheat)
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional, I used pecans)

Directions

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray or line a 9x13 baking dish.

2.  Combine butter and sugar in a stand mixer and mix until smooth.  Add vanilla and eggs.

3.  Slowly add flour and baking soda and mix until combined.  Do not over mix.

4.  Fold in chocolate chips/chunks, cranberries and nuts (if desired).

5.  Press mixture evenly into the baking dish and bake for 18-20 minutes.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts