runDisney Prep

In just a little over a month we'll be on our way back to California for the Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend!  This is my first and most likely only runDisney event.  Registration opened back in February and of course a trip to SoCal seemed like a brilliant idea at the time!  That was before we purchased a new home, spent a week in San Fran and the summer on Nantucket.  So as you might imagine this little jaunt has Mr. PS rolling his eyes!

I'll be competing in the Dumbo Double Dare which consists of the Disneyland 10K on Saturday, September 3rd and the Half Marathon on Sunday, September 4th.

I'm not really into running in a tutu so I have toned down "costumes" if you can even call them that.  Here's what I'm wearing for the 10K...  


And for the half marathon...

While costumes are cute, comfort is key so I think these will fit the bill!  And Disney just revealed the half marathon medal yesterday...  
We'll of course spending time at both Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure Park and we'll be staying at the Disneyland Hotel.  This will be my fourth time to Disneyland, but first time spending more than one day there so any suggestions and/or recommendations are appreciated!
SaveSaveSaveSave

Comments

  1. Right there with you on the running in a tutu, but I'm also bowled over by the sheer amount of running you'll be doing. I'm still working my way up to a 5K! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Casey! I was a totally non-athletic kid, so I'm making up for lost time :) Ran my first races in 1998, slow and steady is key!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts