Menu Monday and Weekend Scenes

After three cloudy days, we're ready for some sunshine here.  I think we were paying our dues for the beautiful 4th of July weekend weather we had!  Anyway it's been busy first couple of weeks on Nantucket, thinking of changing my name to "SUber" since I spend a good portion of my time shuttling children and Mr. PS to and from!

Before I recap our weekend, here's what's cooking this week...

Monday- One Pot Stove Top Veggie Enchiladas
Tuesday- Sandwiches after golf
Wednesday- Shrimp & Asparagus Risotto
Thursday- Greek Salad with Al Fresco Spinach & Feta Chicken Sausage
Friday- Pasta Spinach Bake
Saturday- out @Atlas
Sunday- TBD

Mr. PS and I were up and out early for the Nantucket Conservation Foundations's Race for Open Space 5K!
 Mr. PS jokes that I enter races for the t-shirts and free bananas.  He may be right!
 Saturday evening we headed downtown for dinner at Station 21...
 Everything on the menu looked delicious!
The space is really cool with this gorgeous chandelier hanging over the entrance and bar area.  This is Station 21's second season, the space was totally renovated from the previous restaurant, Corazon Del Mar.
We inhaled our entrees before I could take photos, but I did snap one of they chocolate espresso cake that we shared...
 I did my usual Sunday morning bike ride, it was quite misty!
After Mass, we headed out to Sconset and decided to have lunch at The Summer House Beachside Bistro.
The sun even poked out for a bit!
The Summer House is a collection of rose covered cottages in Sconset (Nantucket's eastern end).  They're really quite charming!
In addition to the casual Beachside Bistro, there's a more formal restaurant on site, The Summer House Restaurant.  It tends to receive mixed reviews so we've actually never dined there since there are so many excellent dining options on the island!
Sunday evening we grilled and played games before we sent Mr. PS back to America this morning!  Hope you had a great weekend too!

Comments

Popular Posts