What's Cooking Wednesday
Zucchini Morning Glory MuffinsBartlett's Farm. We usually end up with a good haul of greens, zucchini, squash, carrots, beets, radishes, corn and tomatoes.
I love all of the veggies and I enjoy finding creative ways to use them. Yesterday morning I roasted beets and radishes to use in salads and last night I incorporated zucchini, squash and diced hot house tomatoes into our ravioli bake.
In anticipation of Mr. PS arriving last Friday for the weekend, I whipped up a variation of his favorite muffin, the Morning Glory. In this recipe the zucchini takes the place of apple.
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup oats
1 cup shredded zucchini
1 cup shredded carrot
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 eggs or 1/2 cup egg substitute
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick baking spray or fill with 12 muffin liners.
2. In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients, flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine wet ingredients, applesauce, beaten eggs, vanilla. Mix in brown sugar. Add zucchini, carrots and raisins.
4. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until batter forms.
5. Fill muffin tin with batter and bake 20-22 minutes.
Enjoy! Makes 10-12 muffins.