Happy World Nutella Day!
I love a good food holiday! Perfect excuse to bake a Nutella Chocolate Cake...
1 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs or 1/2 cup egg whites
1 cup fat free milk
1/2 cup Nutella
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray two 9 inch round cake pans with nonstick spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
3. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and add eggs, milk, Nutella and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for two minutes.
4. Slowly add boiling water to mixture.
5. Pour batter evenly into the two cake pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Nutella Buttercream Frosting
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups confectioner's sugar
1 cup Nutella
1/4 cup heavy cream
1. Beat butter until light and fluffy.
2. Add confectioner's sugar 1/2 cup at a time, alternate with tablespoonfuls of heavy cream.
3. Beat in Nutella.
Frost and enjoy!