More Scenes from San Fran

I woke up early on Sunday the 17th to run the Levi's Presidio 10!  It was a gorgeous day, with temps in the 50s at the Crissy Field start.
After we planned the trip, I did a quick search and found this race.  When I realized that I would have the opportunity to run across the Golden Gate Bridge, I jumped at it!  Destination races are fun and I was really excited to be able to run in San Francisco!
Looking back at the city with Alcatraz to the left. 
 8 down, 2 to go!
 Post race on Crissy Field with my support crew!
I cleaned up and we headed over to Oakland to watch the Oakland A's play the Kansas City Royals at the Oakland Coliseum.
After the game we took a ride north to check out Cal Berkeley, what a beautiful campus!  We love to show the kids different schools when we're traveling, while we have many excellent schools in the northeast, it's nice for them to get a sense of what's out there!
 We hit Little Star Pizza in nearby Albany for dinner.
They are well known in the area for their amazing deep dish and thin crust pizzas!  This is their meatball and ricotta deep dish...
We also tried a thin crust cheese and a deep dish cheese because the five of us thought we could eat three pizzas?  We brought home plenty of leftovers for lunch the next day!
I'll be back tomorrow with a San Francisco "What's the Scoop Wednesday"!

Comments

Popular Posts