San Fran Playlist and Road Race Observations

We're packing up for our trip to San Francisco.  We leave Saturday morning and Sunday morning I will run the Levi's Presidio 10 which offers a 10 miler, a 10K and a 5K.  I'll be running the 10 miler which will take us across and back the Golden Gate Bridge along with some trail running.
I decided to put together a San Francisco playlist for the occasion!  I've got a mix of San Francisco bands, California tunes and songs that keep me going.  So here it is...

Taco Cruz - Dynamite
Katy Perry - California Gurls 
Fleetwood Mac - Don't Stop
Train - Save Me San Francisco 
Elle King - America's Sweetheart
Chris Brown -Yeah 3X
Eagles - In The City
Andy Grammar - Good to Be Alive (Hallelujah)
Coldplay - A Sky Full of Stars
Maroon 5 - Payphone
The Chainsmokers - Roses
The Steve Miller Band/Greatest - Take The Money And Run
Starship - We Built This City
Don McLean - American Pie
Journey - Don't Stop Believin'
Walk The Moon - Shut Up And Dance
Taylor Swift - New Romantics
Selena Gomez - Hands To Myself
Poco - Call It Love

I've been running races since 1998 and every once in a while something strikes you funny or odd.  While I'm sure there are many more incidents I could report, here are a few recent ones...

Barefoot runners, I know t's a craze, but during a half marathon when it's 30 degrees, windy and SNOWING?

Women wearing large dangling earrings, ouch!

Running in a bathrobe, probably their throwaway layer for a chilly start, but past the first mile it just looks weird!

Running in a sweater, same commentary as above!

Water station at mile 1 of a half marathon, is this necessary?

Baby joggers in half marathons, God bless you if you can manage that!

Carrying a full size American flag while running a half marathon, again God bless you!

Running a half marathon with a backpack (not a Camelbak).  What's in there??

Okay, I'm sort of critical, but these are the thoughts that run through my mind as I'm running and noticing these things!  Can you add any?


Comments

Popular Posts