Smoothie Time

As much as I love food, sometimes I crave a smoothie for breakfast especially after a workout or after an indulgent evening out!  I always add a scoop of Vega One Natural so I know that I'm getting a complete meal.  I prefer the Natural flavor so that I can customize my smoothies, but there are other flavors too!  Berry, Chocolate, Vanilla Chai and French Vanilla are also all delicious!

Starting with a cup of ice and a scoop of Vega One, some of my favorite combos are...

1 banana + 1 cup coffee + 1/2 cup almond milk

2 cups watermelon chunks + 1.5 cups water

1 banana + 1/2 cup blueberries + 1 cup water + 1/2 cup almond milk

1 banana  + 1/2 cup strawberries + 1 cup water + 1/2 cup almond milk

1 apple, chopped + 2 tbsp almond butter + 1tsp cinnamon + 1 cup water + 1/2 cup almond milk

The possibilities are endless!  I have also used kale, spinach, celery, cucumber, carrots and pineapple. You can really use whatever you have in your fridge!

I use a Vitamix blender to make my smoothies which works really well if you're going to add vegetables, oats or nuts.  If you're just using fruit, a basic blender should get the job done!

Are you a smoothie fan?  Do you have any favorite combos?
SaveSave

Comments

Popular Posts