Cranberry Sauce Almond Loaf
I had some leftover homemade cranberry sauce from our turkey dinner on Sunday night. I used some to make the kids Thanksgiving sandwiches on Monday, but I still had a lot leftover. This was the perfect way to use it up!
I opted to use a little honey as my sweetener since the cranberry sauce is fairly sweet itself. You could also use agave or sugar, of course.
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup cranberry sauce
1/2 cup almond butter
3/4 cup almond milk (I used unsweetened vanilla)
1/2 cup honey (or agave)
1/2 cup chopped raw almonds (optional)
2 tbsp. ground flax (optional)
1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
1 tspn. vanilla
1/2 tspn. baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a loaf pan with baking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients...flour, flax, cinnamon and baking soda. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine wet ingredients...almond milk, almond butter, honey and vanilla.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until batter forms. Fold in cranberry sauce and add almonds if desired.
5. Pour into loaf pan and bake 45-50 minutes. Allow to cool in pan.
So good! Just had a slice for breakfast with some fresh fruit and plain Greek yogurt. Have a wonderful day!