Banana Almond Butter Granola
I love making granola! I discovered how easy it is a few years ago and I haven't bought packaged granola ever since. I love that you can control the ingredients, especially the sugar!
I shared my Cranberry Almond Granola recipe here. I like this one better though!
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 ripe banana, pureed works best
1/2 cup almonds, crushed
1/4 cup unsalted natural almond butter
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp. milled flax seed
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1 tspn. vanilla
1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking pan with nonstick spray.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mixture should be lumpy.
3. Spread evenly in baking pan.
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes, use a spoon or spatula to turn granola and bake other 10-15 minutes.
Granola should be lumpy and crunchy.
5. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.