What's Cooking Wednesday

Banana Almond Butter Granola
I love making granola!  I discovered how easy it is a few years ago and I haven't bought packaged granola ever since.  I love that you can control the ingredients, especially the sugar!

I shared my Cranberry Almond Granola recipe here.  I like this one better though!
Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 ripe banana, pureed works best
1/2 cup almonds, crushed
1/4 cup unsalted natural almond butter
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp. milled flax seed
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1 tspn. vanilla
1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries (optional)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Spray a 9x13 baking pan with nonstick spray.

2. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.  Mixture should be lumpy.

3.  Spread evenly in baking pan.

4.  Bake for 10-15 minutes, use a spoon or spatula to turn granola and bake other 10-15 minutes.
     Granola should be lumpy and crunchy.

5.  Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.

Comments

Popular Posts