NYC or bust!

We're driving 199 miles today so that I can run 13.1 miles...in the snow!  I wish I were joking, Sunday's forecast is calling for 1-3 inches of snow with temps in the 30s.  This is throwing me off my race gear packing game.

I've been thinking about my race ensemble for some time now, however, it never included gloves and my fleece hat before today!  I was hoping to wear a fun race t-shirt, but that's not going to cut it. Here's what I've packed for the United NYC Half...
Lululemon speed tights, sports bra, swiftly tech v-neck, define jacket (from 2008), fleece gloves & hat, Bombas, Asics, Garmin Forerunner 620, Belkin armband, KT Tape, Vaseline (no chaffing here), Nuun hydration tablets & Sports Beans (should I need a pick me up).

I'm super excited and nervous at the same time for this race.  Running through Central Park, down through Times Square, the west side, through Battery Park and finishing at Wall and Water Streets will be crazy.  What a different race than the Nantucket Half Marathon where 40% is on dirt/sand roads!  I will be back on Monday with a full recap, but you can follow me throughout the weekend on Instagram.

Happy Friday!

Comments

Popular Posts