What's Cooking Wednesday
Southwestern Veggie Pancakes
2 cups Heart Smart Bisquick
1 cup fat free milk
1 egg or egg white
1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
1/2 cup frozen corn
1 red pepper, finely diced
1 small zucchini, shredded
1 tbsp Mexican seasoning or chili powder/cumin combo
1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
1. Prep veggies and add to a non-stick saute pan. Add seasoning and saute 5-7 minutes until tender.
2. While veggies are cooking, prep pancake batter (Bisquick, milk & egg), set aside.
3. Add sautéed veggies to pancake batter, mix well. Add cheddar cheese to veggie/batter mix.
4. Prepare griddle and scoop batter by 1/2 cupfuls onto the griddle.
5. Serve with salsa, sour cream and mixed greens, if desired.
Makes 12 Veggie Pancakes, serves 4-6.