Menu Monday and Weekend Scenes

As of 9:45am today, all three of my children are BACK TO SCHOOL!  Rowan returns to her Montessori program this morning and while we've enjoyed each other's company 24/7 since June 9th, this mom needs a break!

It was so nice to be home this weekend!  Riley officially started high school on Friday...
 and Rowan declared it "casual Friday"!?!
Saturday morning I ran a local 5K.  It was small, 58 people small to be exact.  I won my age division...
 to my surprise and receive my first running trophy!
Saturday afternoon we hit the homecoming festivities at Riley's school...
 Saturday evening we went to Oktoberfest at our local German-American club...
There was beer...
 baked goods...
 potato pancakes...
and festively attired Germans!
Sunday was fairly low key, picking up the last of the school supplies and just relaxing at home.  

After a busy summer, I'm excited to be home for the long haul with no future travel plans!  Fall is one of my favorite times of the year to bake and cook.  Here's what's cooking this week...

Monday- Tortellini with Pesto and Roasted Veggies
Tuesday- Chicken Pot Pie (no bottom crust)
Wednesday- Pea & Pancetta Risotto
Thursday- Spaghetti & Meatballs
Friday- Meatball Subs and Salad
Saturday- out @Olivadi
Sunday- TBD

Have a wonderful week!

Comments

Popular Posts