Menu Monday and Weekend Scenes

Happy Monday, hope you enjoyed the last weekend of summer 2016!  While I'm sad to see it go, I do enjoy the colors and flavors of fall!

Birthday preparations are in full swing for Rowan's Under the Sea party next Saturday.  Supplies have been gathered, I have assembled the goody bags and painted treasure chests for the kids to decorate and fill!
Saturday evening we celebrated Riley's birthday (again) at Olivadi in Norwood.
I started with a watermelon and arugula salad with citrus vinaigrette.
I then enjoyed a pistachio and horseradish encrusted salmon with roasted beets and steamed asparagus. Everyone's entrees were delicious!
Reagan had the cheesecake for dessert.
I couldn't resist the blueberry tart with vanilla gelato!
The birthday boy barely finished his panna cotta, I may have helped with the last bite!
After an early barre class, we hit Volante Farms in Needham for lunch and fresh produce.
 We weren't sure if the weather was going to hold for apple picking so we grabbed some at Volante's.
 It all looked so good!
When we returned home, I had to make my first pie of the season.  I like to use a variety of apples, I used fujis and honey crisps for this one.  Thumbs up all around for this one!
Despite a busy week (curriculum night, a birthday and two field hockey games), we're going to attempt to sit down to dinner as a family!  Here's what's cooking...

Monday- Alphabet Minestrone & Rustic Cheese Panini
Tuesday- leftovers
Wednesday- Pizza & Salad
Thursday- Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Sausage over Rigatoni, Peppers & Onions
Friday- Turkey Spanakopita Burgers over Greek Salad
Saturday- party leftovers
Sunday- TBD

What's cooking at your home?  I could definitely use some suggestions, feel like I'm in a menu rut lately!

Comments

Popular Posts