Halloween Candy Bar Cookies
How much Halloween candy do you have sitting around? Every year while the kids are at school, I immediately go through it to see what I can confiscate/bake with. Some years it's M&Ms, other years it's Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, this year it was Snickers!
I grabbed about 8 fun size bars and chopped them into 4-5 pieces each and then grabbed the ingredients for a basic chocolate chip cookie. These are pure perfection!
2 cups flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
2 eggs or egg whites
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
8-10 fun size candy bars, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and cornstarch.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine butter and brown sugar and mix until smooth.
4. Add vanilla and eggs to mixture.
5. Slowly add flour mixture to butter, sugar, egg mixture.
6. Fold in chopped candy bar pieces.
7. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet and bake 12-14 minutes. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies.