2016 RUN Down

As 2016 comes to close I thought I would be fun to compile my running stats for the year!  So here's a look back at my year...

20 races
139 race miles
5 states
4 pairs of sneakers
3 kids who usually sleep through my races
2 cortisone shots
1 supportive husband
and countless strips of KT Tape!

1. Old Fashioned 10 Miler, Foxborough, MA

A 50 degree day in February made for perfect running conditions!  Loved the medal!
 2.  United NYC Half, New York, New York

What a thrill to run through New York City!  As a native New Yorker, this race will always hold a special place in my heart.
 3.  Greater Danbury Half Marathon, Danbury, CT

Why not crank out a half while in Connecticut for a basketball tournament?  Although a snowy and windy morning made for some tough running conditions, I made it through and got to catch up with a dear childhood friend who lives nearby!
 4.  Presidio 10 Miler, San Francisco, CA

Running the Golden Gate Bridge was a dream for this east coaster, I loved every minute of it!  Temps neared 75 by the end of the race and it was a perfect way to kick off our April vacation week in San Francisco!
 5.  Attleboro YMCA 10K, Attleboro, MA

Second in my age group!  Okay, there were only three of us in the age group, but two out of three ain't bad!
 6.  Run to Remember Half Marathon, Boston, MA

I love running through Boston, this race honored and supported first responders.  Police cruisers from area communities lined Memorial Drive in Cambridge...unforgettable!  The best post race snacks too!
 7.  Mayflower Brewing Half Marathon, Plymouth, MA

Hot, hot, hot!  Temps quickly soared past 80 degrees that morning for the 10am start, I've never seen so many people end up walking.  Thank goodness for the beer at the end!
 8.  Firecracker 5K, Nantucket, MA

This race is my favorite 4th of July tradition and how cute is this bib?
9.  Race for Open Space 5K, Nantucket, MA

I love a race for a good cause, this one supports the Nantucket Conservation Foundation.  I also love that Mr. PS has participated for the past three years with me!  He's all about the t-shirt and free banana!
 10.  Nantucket Triathlon (sprint), Nantucket, MA

Technically more than a run, this was my first sprint triathlon with an ocean swim.  While there were plenty of serious athletes, this was a fun race with competitors of all ability levels.
 11.  Disneyland 10K, Anaheim, CA

The first part of the Dumbo Double Dare.  These races were so well organized, a ton of fun and had the best race bling!
 12.  Disneyland Half Marathon, Anaheim, CA

Second part of the Dumbo Double Dare, I completed 19.3 miles over two days.  I would "runDisney" over and over if I could!
 13.  Dover Dash 5K, Dover, MA

First place in my age group and my first running trophy!
14.  The Color Run 5K, Providence, RI

This was a un-timed fun run, but since there were bibs and medals I'm counting it!
 15.  Foxboro YMCA 5K, Foxboro, MA

Rain, rain, go away!  It was pouring, but managed to crank out third place in my age division.
 16.  Tufts 10K, Boston, MA

My sixth Tufts 10K since 1998.  It's held on Columbus Day so we're often on Nantucket, but it's really a wonderful race over to Cambridge and back.
 17.  Norwood Turkey Trot 4 miler, Norwood, MA

This was the 30th running of this race, but only my first.  The uphill at the end was a killer, but I'll be back to this local race!
 18.  Wellesley Turkey Trot 5K, Wellesley, MA

The perfect start to Thanksgiving day!  Loved this fun race, 2,500 strong with $80,000 going to local charities!
 19.  Race for a Cure 10K, Mansfield, MA

Again, I love a race for a good cause.  This race supports Cystic Fibrosis research, founded in honor of a local resident who lost her battle and whose sister is still fighting!
 20.  Ugly Sweater Run 5K, Boston, MA

File under "The Color Run".  This was just for fun, I probably spent more time looking for sweaters than actually running!  This race may have had the best swag...the ugly sweater pompom hat!!
All the miles, all the memories, thanks 2016!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts