Menu Monday and Weekend Scenes

Happy Monday!  We had a little snow this morning which makes it feel more like Christmas time here.  Since it's the first snow, I'm not complaining...but come March, you know I'll be whining!

The overarching theme of our weekend was Reagan's thirteenth birthday!  While the boys were off at a football game, the girls and I hit Red Robin at Patriot's Place for Rea's birthday burger.  You know I love free!
 We picked up her cake and stopped by the Winter Market at our local German American Club.
I had to grab some fresh stollen!
 We met the guys back at home and Reagan opened up her gifts...with some help from Rowan.
 Her big gift was a pair of Hunter boots and sock liners.
 We planned a birthday dinner at Avenue in Medfield, MA.
The food was creative and delicious!  We started with two orders of the Braised Angus Shortrib Turnovers...
 I enjoyed the Cast Iron Seared Scottish Salmon with a Brussel Sprout Hash...
 Mr. PS had the Pasta Bolognese...
 Rowan tried the Pomodoro Flatbread...
We skipped dessert at the restaurant in favor of Reagan's red velvet birthday cake...so good!
Sunday morning I hit the gym instead of my usual barre class (thanks to the red velvet cake), took Rowan to gymnastics and then home to do a few things.  I baked some gingerbread cookies and the house smelled so good!  They're the perfect evening treat with a cup of tea!
Sunday afternoon we grabbed ugly Christmas sweaters for next week's Ugly Christmas Sweater Run in Boston.  We couldn't find a second dancing reindeer #twinning sweater so I'm on a mission this week!  The sequined Christmas tree is lovely, but we want to match!
We went to 5:00 Mass and then met friends, K&R, for one last birthday celebration while Riley was at confirmation class.  I think the birthday girl enjoyed her weekend!
Here's what's cooking this week...

Monday- Wild Rice Burgers & Salad
Tuesday- Christmas Tree Broccoli & Tomato Mac N' Cheese
Thursday- Sausage, Ricotta, Spinach & Tomato Stromboli
Friday- Sloppy Joes & Tater Tots
Saturday- Crock Pot Cider Pork Roast with Vegetables & Homemade Applesauce
Sunday- out after Mass

How was your weekend?

Comments

Popular Posts