Weekend Wrap-up and Menu Monday

It's already the second week of March...wow!  Looks like we're going to hit the 40s this week so hopefully we'll have some major melting!

It was a whirlwind of a weekend here at Chez PS with two road races and two basketball games!  Somehow we even managed to escape for a quick date night dinner!

First up, I ran the Irish 5K in Pawtucket, Rhode Island on Saturday morning.  This was the first of a three race series called the Tour de Patrick.  You can run one, two or all three races.  I'm doing all three.  Sunday morning I ran the second race, the Celtic 5K in Worcester, Massachusetts.  The third race will take place in Providence, Rhode Island on the 21st.
After not having run outside consistently since the fall, my times weren't too bad.  I'm currently in 18th place out of 107 women for the Tour de Patrick, I'll take it!  I registered for another race next Sunday just to get some additional road time in before the last Tour de Patrick race.
Reagan had a local basketball tournament game late Saturday afternoon which they won so we're on to the championship round this Friday night.  Mr. PS and I brought the kids home and escaped for a rare date night dinner!  We tried Abby Park in Milton, it was delicious!  I had a pistachio encrusted salmon served over brown rice and roasted asparagus.  Mr. PS had chicken saltimbocca.  Of course we sampled their desserts, apple cake with vanilla ice cream and a chocolate tart with peanut butter mousse...so good!
Sunday afternoon brought more basketball, Reagan had a Catholic Athletic League Diocesan Championship game which they won!  So we're on to the New England CYO Championship Tournament at the end of March.

After all the excitement, I menu planned and went grocery shopping.  These caught my eye at the market, but did not make it into my cart!  Artificially flavored, can you believe that?
Here's what's cooking this week...

Monday- Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili (black beans only, add rainbow peppers, chili powder/cumin in place of taco seasoning)
Tuesday- Stuffed Pepper Casserole
Wednesday- leftovers
Thursday- Chicken Sausage with Spinach, Tomatoes and Gemelli
Friday- out
Saturday- Pizza and Salad
Sunday- TBD

How was your weekend?

Comments

Popular Posts