Happy National Running Day

I always find out about these things too late...I went to spin class early this morning, had I known, I would have run!

I've been running on a regular basis for almost twenty years, I can honestly say it's one of the best ways to whip your body into shape.  No excuses, it's free and you can go at your own pace.  If you want to get serious about it, you can run 5Ks, 10Ks, half-marathons or marathons.  If you want to mix in some swimming and biking, go for a triathlon!

Since 1998, I've run about 20 5Ks, 8 10Ks, 2 half-marathons, 2 marathon relays, and 2 sprint triathlons. Believe it or not, after three children, plantar fasciitis in both feet in 2006 and a 3rd degree high ankle sprain two years ago, I ran my fastest 5K on Sunday.  I've been sidelined, but running is something you can usually ease yourself back into and slowly build up your stamina again.

Running is also something that has always been there for me, it's like a supportive friend.  Whether it was a tough day teaching, my kids driving me nuts or just life's daily challenges, running has allowed me time to think and clear my head.  I've never regretted a run and those endorphins are addictive!

So Happy National Running Day!  Are you a runner?

Comments

Popular Posts