Menu Monday and Weekend Scenes

I cannot believe that we're nearing the end of June, wasn't I just complaining about the snow?  The snow is long gone and time is flying!  Our countdown to Nantucket is on, our ship sails in a week and I've got a lot of work to do to get this crew ready!

Whenever we're leaving for a vacation or trip, I'm sure like most people, we try to use up what's in the refrigerator and freezer.  The family has dubbed this, "project clean-out".  It has become a family joke and they know to expect the unexpected when it comes to meals the week before we go away!

So before planning this week's menu, I took a good look to see what I wanted to use up.  I have frozen okra, frozen broccoli, frozen peas, risotto and stuffed clams.  Here's what I came up with...

Monday- Chowder, Stuffies & Salad
Tuesday- Baked Chicken Parmesan
Wednesday- out (Reagan performing at PawSox)
Thursday- Pea and Pancetta Risotto
Friday- Smoked Sausage and Chicken Gumbo
Saturday- Anniversary dinner out
Sunday- Broccoli Mac n' Cheese

As far as the weekend, I let the pictures do the talking!

Pre-recital with mom...
Dancing...
 Post-recital lasagna dinner with the grandparents...
 Cake!
 Brother hovering for a piece of cake...
 Father's Day gift ready and waiting...
Father's Day dinner out at Mario Batali's new Boston restaurant Babbo...
I'll be back with a full review of Babbo tomorrow!



Comments

Popular Posts