2015 was my best running year thus far. I still maintain that you get faster as you get older! The highlights were running three half marathons, placing first in my age division in a local 10K and setting a PR for a 5K race.
Here are the races that I completed in 2015...
March 7- Irish 5K Pawtucket, RI
March 8- Celtic 5K Worcester, MA
March 15- St. Paddy's Road Race, North Attleboro, MA
March 21- St. Pat's 5K Providence, RI
July 4- Firecracker 5K Nantucket, MA
July 11- Nantucket Conservation Foundation Race for Open Space
October 11- Nantucket Half Marathon
October 24- Foxborough Regional Charter School 10K
November 8- Colt State Park Half Marathon Bristol, RI
November 22- Mansfield Family Turkey Trot 5K
November 26- Tiger Turkey Chase 5 miler Easton, MA
December 6- Frosty 5K Mansfield, MA
December 12- Jingle Bell Half, Atkinson, NH
And here's what I've got lined up for 2016...
February 21- Old-Fashioned 10 Miler, Foxboro, MA
March 20- United Airlines NYC Half
April 17- Levi's Presidio 10, San Francisco, CA
October 9- Nantucket Half Marathon
I'm registered for the first three, Nantucket registration isn't open yet. I may do the Winter Warlock Half Marathon on the 17th, assuming the weather cooperates over the next week. I won't run with snow or ice on the ground, just not worth it after experiencing orthopedic wrist surgery in 2012.
Onto my goals...
1. Stay injury free! At 43, it's like a symphony of aches and pains when I go for a run!
2. Do a better job of blister prevention, they usually get me right around mile 9!
3. Work on speed, I love distance running and have good endurance, but I would love to become faster!
4. Utilize my new Garmin Forerunner 620 to keep track of my runs and pace.
5. Maintain half marathon training and complete 6 half marathons this year! I'm eyeing a few and just need to decide which best fit into our family calendar...would love to do the Disney Wine & Dine Half in November!
A bit chilly this morning (18 degrees), but off for a run this morning while the roads are clear! Have a wonderful day!