2016 Running Goals

2015 was my best running year thus far.  I still maintain that you get faster as you get older!  The highlights were running three half marathons, placing first in my age division in a local 10K and setting a PR for a 5K race.

Here are the races that I completed in 2015...

March 7- Irish 5K Pawtucket, RI
March 8- Celtic 5K Worcester, MA
March 15- St. Paddy's Road Race, North Attleboro, MA
March 21- St. Pat's 5K Providence, RI
July 4- Firecracker 5K Nantucket, MA
July 11- Nantucket Conservation Foundation Race for Open Space
October 11- Nantucket Half Marathon
October 24- Foxborough Regional Charter School 10K
November 8-  Colt State Park Half Marathon Bristol, RI
November 22- Mansfield Family Turkey Trot 5K
November 26- Tiger Turkey Chase 5 miler Easton, MA
December 6- Frosty 5K Mansfield, MA
December 12- Jingle Bell Half, Atkinson, NH

And here's what I've got lined up for 2016...

February 21- Old-Fashioned 10 Miler, Foxboro, MA
March 20- United Airlines NYC Half
April 17- Levi's Presidio 10, San Francisco, CA
October 9- Nantucket Half Marathon

I'm registered for the first three, Nantucket registration isn't open yet.  I may do the Winter Warlock Half Marathon on the 17th, assuming the weather cooperates over the next week.  I won't run with snow or ice on the ground, just not worth it after experiencing orthopedic wrist surgery in 2012.

Onto my goals...

1.  Stay injury free!  At 43, it's like a symphony of aches and pains when I go for a run!

2.  Do a better job of blister prevention, they usually get me right around mile 9!

3.  Work on speed, I love distance running and have good endurance, but I would love to become faster!

4.  Utilize my new Garmin Forerunner 620 to keep track of my runs and pace.

5.  Maintain half marathon training and complete 6 half marathons this year!  I'm eyeing a few and just need to decide which best fit into our family calendar...would love to do the Disney Wine & Dine Half in November!

A bit chilly this morning (18 degrees), but off for a run this morning while the roads are clear!  Have a wonderful day!

Comments

  1. Are you using the HR monitor with your GF 620? I love that data and it's really interesting. I track runs using Strava and sync to RunKeeper using tapiriik.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I specifically got the version w/o the HR monitor because I have a very low HR and really wasn't looking for it to remind me or alarm me that my HR is too low...I hear it enough at the doctor's office :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look into the Holyoke ST. Patrick's Day Road Race. It's one of the biggest in New England, if not the entire northeast. Very ambitious schedule last year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts