Menu Monday and Weekend Scenes

I can't believe it's the end of June!  As usual, time is flying.  We're off to Nantucket on Wednesday and I'm just starting to pack us up.  We've had lots going on so our Nantucket departure has really snuck up on us.

And when I say, "lots going on", I'm really not joking!   Mr. PS's birthday was on Thursday.  We had tickets to the Red Sox v. White Sox 1:35pm game so we picked him up from work early and took him to Fenway!  My parents were kind enough to entertain Rowan all day since we only had four tickets and she's outgrown the lap baby policy.
It was a gorgeous day and a great game!
The girls and I had made him his favorite strawberry shortcake cake that morning so when we arrived home we had a little pizza party and cake to continue the celebration!
Mr. PS headed off the next morning to a work outing and we gave my parents a tour of the local area including Powisset Farm.
After we said goodbye to my parents on Saturday, I was ecstatic to go to my hairdresser and have my hair cut chopped!  I was growing my hair out and it just got too messy for me so I'm back to my angled bob!  We headed to Newport later that afternoon...
 It was another gorgeous day!
After strolling downtown Newport, we went to The Mooring on Sayers Wharf for dinner.  The Mooring is part of the Newport Restaurant Group which operates nine fantastic restaurants all over Rhode Island.
We started with their Bag of Doughnuts which is lobster, crab & shrimp fritters!
 I enjoyed the Chopped Salad with Salmon...
Reagan had a huge portion of their Guinness Battered Fish & Chips...
 Riley and Mr. PS enjoyed the plentiful Seafood Pasta!
 The desserts were hard to resist so why try??  I had a special Fresh Strawberry Tart...
 Reagan had the Key Lime Tart with fresh mango on the side.
Riley always chooses the most decadent desserts!  This was no exception, Cinnamon Bun Bread Pudding with Gelato over a graham cracker crumble.
Mr. PS and Rowan "split" a trio of desserts that included (L-R) a Tiramisu, Key Lime Tart and The Mooring Chocolate Cake.
I took advantage of having Mr. PS home on Sunday and did a much needed brick workout for the rapidly approaching Nantucket Triathlon. I won't be setting any records, but a respectable finish would be nice.
So packing up for Nantucket also means that it's time for "project cleanup", in other words, meals get interesting!

Here's what's cooking this week...

Monday- leftover pizza and salad
Tuesday- Steak, Pepper & Onion Tacos and Mexi Rice
Wednesday- arrive on Island and ???
Thursday- Lobster Mac n' Cheese
Friday- Crock Pot Chicken & Sausage Gumbo
Saturday- out
Sunday- Bison Burgers, Slaw, Beans and Fries

Comments

Popular Posts