Mardi Gras

Happy Mardi Gras!  You know I love good theme, I firmly believe in celebrating everything.  I want my kids to grow up knowing that it's okay to fuss a bit and enjoy life.  I also want them to be able to look back and remember all of the fun we had.

We kicked off our Mardi Gras dinner with this Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo.  I served it over brown rice.
I ordered our King Cake a couple of weeks ago from Haydel's Bakery.  I was able to select my shipping date, the overnight shipping cost was built into the price of the cake.
It was sealed in a plastic bag and the moisture from the cake caused the sugar colors to run together a bit.
Not sure it looked as good as it actually tasted!  I ordered the traditional cinnamon filling.  Reagan found the baby right away, I think that means she's in charge of our Mardi Gras festivities next year!
Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Comments

Popular Posts