What's Cooking Wednesday

Spanakopita Turkey Burgers
adapted from Rachael Ray

I am exactly 12.5% Greek and proud of it!  I love when I meet someone Greek, I may as well be 100% Greek, sharing family history and my burning desire to visit the homeland.  

If I have a chance to cook or bake something slightly Greek, I'm on it!  So when I found this recipe a few years ago, I was thrilled.  I tweaked it a bit and made it mine!

Ingredients
20 oz package ground turkey breast (99% fat free)
10 oz package frozen spinach, thawed or 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 cup feta crumbles

Directions
1.  Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix by hand.

2.  Form 4-5 patties with turkey mixture.

3.  Coat a skillet with non-stick spray or drizzle with EVOO, heat to medium-high and cook patties 5-7 minutes on each side. (I finish them off in the oven at 300 degrees just to make sure they're cooked throughout)

4.  Serve with buns, salad, fries sprinkled with oregano...whatever strikes your fancy.  Rachael includes an easy tzatziki recipe for the burgers too!






Comments

Popular Posts