Menu Monday and Weekend Scenes

Happy Monday!  Hope you had a wonderful weekend!  Before we get to our weekend recap, here's what's cooking this week...

Monday- Gnocchi with Butternut Squash and Kale
Tuesday- Country Shrimp Boil
Wednesday- Pasta & Meatballs, Green Salad
Thursday- Meatball Subs
Friday- Chicken Pot Pie (hold bottom crust)
Saturday- out
Sunday- out for my in-laws' anniversary

As usual our weekend flew by!  It never ceases to amaze me how quickly Saturday morning turns into Sunday evening!  Here's what we were up to...

Rowan had Friday off due to parent conferences so we took advantage and hit story time at the library.  Not sure how the paper snake craft fit into the color theme, but hey she was entertained!
I did a quick 5 miler Saturday morning and then got some yard work done.  Mr. PS had a long to do list so he was busy all day.  We decided to try a local Mexican restaurant that we had never been to for dinner.  The food was fine, but sadly we won't be returning after being rushed through our meal.  That's one of our biggest pet peeves!

Sunday morning we were up and out early to head to Bristol, Rhode Island for a half marathon.
It was 50 degrees with sunny skies so no complaints here!  I took off with almost 300 other runners at 9:00am.
 Here's what typically goes down while I run a long race...
 But they're always waiting for me at the finish!
I may have shed a tear of joy when I saw 1:55!!  I've run the Nantucket half marathon twice in a little over 2 hours which is 40% dirt/sand roads so I was looking for a sub 2 hour finish, but wasn't expecting to be under by 5 minutes.
 My race crew...
After a long hot shower, we headed south to my parents' house and ended the weekend with a harvest dinner!
What's cooking at your house?  I need some new ideas!

Comments

Popular Posts