What's Cooking Wednesday
Carrot Cake Cookies
If you like a healthy cookie, than give these a try. They are moist and delicious. Perfect for breakfast or as a snack! I adapted my recipe from Perry's Plate.
1 cup flour (I used white whole wheat)
1 cup oats
1 cup shredded carrots
1 tbsp ground flax seed
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
1/3 cup shredded coconut
1/3 cup raisins
1/3 chopped nuts (optional)
2 tbsp agave syrup/nectar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, flax seed, cinnamon and ginger.
3. Stir in carrots, coconut, raisins and nuts to dry ingredients.
4. Add coconut oil and agave syrup/nectar and mix well with a spoon until you have a lumpy dough.
5. Shape dough into balls and gently pat down onto cookie sheet.
6. Bake 14-16 minutes and allow to cool. Cookies will be moist inside.